The production team member is primarily responsible for designing the format of publications, such as brochures, flyers, and cards for online display and print. They utilize layout software to assemble text, photographs, and other content in an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-read arrangement.
- Works as a team with both customer service and print departments.
- Provides newly created proofs for customers or in-house staff within 24 business hours.
- Provides revisions for customers or in-house staff within 24 business hours.
- Acts as the first point of contact/troubleshooter for print production related questions/problems as they arise during proof and print production.
- Assists in template creation and modification.
- Provides professional recommendations as needed to customers and in-house staff.
- Aids in developing and maintaining the style guide and helps with keeping it enforced.
- Creates and executes special projects as assigned or needed.
- Acts as the full-time design and production specialist for accounts.
- Acts as the principal designer for managed accounts.
- Proofer for self and other team members.
- Monitors documents for adherence to a style guide, “graphic cleanliness” and consistency.
- Directly communicates with customers by phone or email as needed to complete print orders in an efficient and timely manner and reduce or eliminate rounds of revisions.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Results Driven.
- Detail Oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM unless otherwise agreed upon different hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
Experience in a fine arts, design or graphics environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in fine arts, design or graphics or equivalent number of years of experience
- 1 year of graphic design experience.
- Strong working knowledge or practical understanding of most popular professional graphic programs.
- Knowledge of catalog production procedures, timelines, and printing terminology.
None required for this position.
Ensure the freedom from discrimination on the basis of protected classes such as race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or genetic information. For more detailed information, please see HomeVisit Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Detailed.